I would whole-heartedly support any move to appoint Colin as President, for "Lifetime Achievement" reasons, but ONLY if he himself were entirely happy with it. He certainly doesn't need the sort of back-biting criticism which now seems all too prevalent. Maybe a "public figure" outside the mainstream would be less at risk from all that. This begs the question of what does the President actually DO, and do we really need one?
Is there some other way Colin's achievement can be recognised?

Philip