   private correspondance. However, I'd suggest that their objectivity be
   scrutinised very carefully.
   Francis Wood
   On 23 May 2009, at 12:30, Bill Telfer wrote:

      Just to make sure, again,-yes, count me in on this resolution

      Bill

      From: Anthony Robb [[1]mailto:anth...@robbpipes.com]

      Sent: 23 May 2009 10:29

      To: Chris Almond; Colin and; Neil Baker; NIGEL BARLOW; Nigel
     Barlow;

      Bill Bohill; Daphne Briggs; Steve Campbell; Helen Capes; Pauline
     Cato;

      Margaret Cato; colin; Dave Cook; Rick Damon; Dave McQuade;

      Richard&Anita Evans; Reg Flower; John Gibbons; John Gibbons; Gordon

      Greenley; Philip Gruar; Marianne Hall; Honor Hill; David Hillery;
     Nick

      Hopkinson; Simon James; Ian Lawther; Simon Leveaux; Alan McKenzie;
     Dave

      McQuade; Margaret Moyes; Adrian Scofield; Matt Seattle; Mike Sharp;

      Bill Telfer

      Subject: Latest

      Just to let everyone know what's happening. The submission for
     Julia

      will go off as soon as I'm confident that the people whose names
     appear

      are happy. Some have expressed opinions so clearly and I don't
     expect

      to hear further from them. If you are having doubts either way
     about

      the presence of your signature please get in touch no later than

      Tuesday 26th May.

      May I add that I am doing this with Colin's approval although he

      certainly did not instigate it. In my view the Society needs the

      involvement of the grandees such as Colin. To have him put out to

      pasture at this stage would be, I think, unwise and unjust. Here is

      what I hope to send to Julia next week:

      Julia Say

      Hon. Secretary

      Northumbrian Pipers' Society

      Dear Julia

      We the undersigned request that an Extraordinary general meeting of

      Society members be convened in order to consider the following
     motion:

       "Following strong dissatisfaction expressed by many members, this

      meeting proposes that the committee's choice of president be

      reconsidered, and mandates the committee to re-start the selection

      process, with nominations and voting facilities to be extended to
     the

      entire membership."

      Yours sincerely,

      Helen Capes