Hello Philip and others,

Reading your post again brought to mind that I had completely forgotten to
suggest a significant advantage of the inside-out bag. With the seam inside the
neck, the neck is very much less liable to constriction with all the consequent
advantages of strangulation.

I have such a bag here which is very much like old examples I have seen in
museums. Turned inside out with the additional folded strip of leather sewn
into the seam. It could only have been reversed through the drone stock hole
which is a smallish one to accommodate a 3 drone stock. Incidentally, whatever
it was originally dressed with has preserved it beautifully and it remains
supple and robust.

The thickness of leather is variably 1.3mm to 1.5. Pretty much like your
average bag from Jackie Boyce whose work I have always found excellent.

Once one has conquered the thought of it, reversing a bag is not difficult. A
bit like the current joke's punchline: Did I jump? Yes I did at first, but then
got to quite like it.

The rest is not suitable for this polite forum.

Francis