I think the discussion was really about the best that can be heard in
Northumbrian piping.
Random timing and poor intonation can be heard in abundance whatever the
instrument and has nothing to do with NSPs in particular.

Rather than dwelling any further on mediocre musicality, I'd rather repeat what
Inky Adrian recently said:

> Expression is emphasised in precision

Carve that in stone above the entrance to the Academy of Smallpiping!

And yes it also works for harpsichord playing so thanks to Paul Gretton for
that thought.

Francis