I understand that the young lady whose playing is the subject of Adrian's diatribe has just joined the NSP list and his criticisms of her were her introduction to our group. Sorry about that Alice, we're not all as dogmatic as poor old Inky. Please find it in your heart to excuse him.

I say "poor old Inky" even though I have never met the man. Friends of mine who have had that pleasure report their encounters in glowing terms, he must be a really nice person. Unfortunately, his contributions to this column don't seem to reflect that. It saddens me to see the mean-spirited way in which some members of this list express their feelings.

Richard

----- Original Message ----- From: "inky-adrian" <inky-adr...@ntlworld.com>
To: "nps" <nsp@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Saturday, May 21, 2011 9:25 PM
Subject: [NSP] whatever

  Hello all,
  to play so many notes with the thumb? What sort of instrument is this.
  First it was holes, fingered, then a Top A key? Then more key's,7. Then
  more key's,17. Whatever!
  We now have some-one playing 60-odd key's in 78 note's? Correct me if
  I'm wrong.
  This is very strange.
  The correct playing method will die and people, like you Anthony , will
  make money.
  I'm not influenced by money.
  I do promote the correct way of playing the Northumberland Small-pipes,
  as does Mr Ormston; for free!
  I hope the Northumberland small-pipes would die, as Tom Breckon's
  agreed with me, it should.
  your's
  Fingerless
  Adrian