On 30 Jun 2011, at 08:15, John Dally wrote:

>   Here are a couple of youtube items that already fit the bill for July.
>
>   [1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHBO8CGAIeQ&feature=related
>
>   [2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKC0ZoVqfzU&NR=1
>
>   What's your take on the tune?

Hi John,

Two very contrasting renditions.

[1]  It's a lot easier to play Roxborough Castle in dotted rhythm, as is done
here. I prefer it played absolutely straight, which is really very challenging.
A commonly played tune which is rarely played well.  I quite like this
rendition here . . . seems to have been videoed during a casual session by a
bystander.

[2] Awful, awful, awful! This version has the tune played in a manner way
beyond the performers ability or understanding of the tune, and apparently on a
poorly set-up instrument.

Francis