A good point - but if a musical style has any merit, it's worth
   studying for musical reasons alone.

   That's why, in Ireland, so many non-Kerrymen play slides and polkas....

   John

   oatenp...@googlemail.com writes:

     Hello again, Anthony,
     One question arises over the issue of absorbing a regional musical
     accent: which side of the hill are we talking about? If the hill is
     big enough, the style will be pretty different. Northumberland is a
     huge county, where travelling in the old days would not have been
     that easy. Aren't we talking about a variety of musical accents
     here?
     Francis

     On 30 Jun 2011, at 20:09, Anthony Robb wrote:

     >   --- On Thu, 30/6/11, Francis Wood <oatenp...@googlemail.com>
     wrote:

     >   Hello Anthony,
     >   I don't think we disagree. At Stuart Hardy's musical altitude,
     I'm sure