   From: Edward Pickford <guildlo...@yahoo.co.uk>
   To: "anth...@robbpipes.com" <anth...@robbpipes.com>
   Sent: Saturday, November 19, 2011 11:23 AM
   Subject: From Ed Pickford - As Ah went doon by Alnwick toon
   I did this yesterday after listening to an interview Kathryn Tickell
   did on 'Travelling Folk' - a Scottish radio folk programme - if you
   look for it it is about the last third of the show - Mike Tickell is
   singing as well - anyway - after listening I added a bit to a story my
   Dad used to tell me when I was a kid [attached]
   In case the attached file does not open up for some reason I'll put the
   text here:
   The Ballad of the Bedlington Terrier
   Ed Pickford Nov 2011
   "I dreamed a dream", old Annie said
   To Carter John and then anon
   As Annie's story did unfold
   John's heart's blood ran exceeding cold

   Her toll house there in Alnwick town
   One evening when the sun went down
   She dreamt was breached by rogue hell bent
   On evil work and cruel intent

   Her ancient bones in dead of night
   Unequal to resist or fight
   In plunder of her honest toil