The set-it-and-forget-it attitude of SBackup is convenient, but compared
to some rather more mature OSs (no, not wintel...) there are two things
I find lacking:

one: The option to do a backup *with verification* -especially if Im
backing-up to a remote or external device. The backup will run
unattended anyway, so I don't really care how long it takes. This could
be the non-default setting, for use only by particularly paranoid users.

two: The possibility to see a log file of what was backed-up, whether
everything I wanted was saved, what the verification results or errors were,
The option of deciding what level of logging/error-reporting was enforced would
be even nicer.

--
Sbackup should report when a backup fails
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/106155