jage: I cannot know that someone at IRC told you to change the status if
you don't say so. A guideline of the Bug Control team is to always say
why they changed a status when they do so, this makes it easier for
people to follow the bug's life and to understand what has been
happening with it during it's life-cycle.

I don't think it's a bad thing to change the status if you've got a
proper explanation or justification for it. If you had said that someone
-- please also tell who, or what role the person has within either
Ubuntu or sBackup -- at IRC told you to change the status and why you
were told to do so then I wouldn't have reverted it. However, now it
could have been just any user wanting to get his or her bug solved
quickly and trying to get attention with changing bug statuses.

--
simple backup restore error in 9.10
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/471385