Question #116342 on NSsbackup changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/nssbackup/+question/116342

Jean-Peer Lorenz proposed the following answer:
Hello,
do backups work for you again? You've written 'the first incremental backup
this morning'; how long take the backups now?

I guess you are seeing a problematic behavior of tar here: in tests I
did on my machine I've seen similar things. Tar is creating the
incremental snapshot file (snar file) when using 100% cpu and the
files.tar.* file does not increase in size meanwhile. On my machine I
experienced 2 hours of preparation followed by 1 hour of data transfer.
I don't know exactly what's causing this exactly but I think it is quite
undesirable. IMO tar's incremental backup feature has some serious
drawbacks.

HTH.
Jean-Peer

NSsbackup team, which is an answer contact for NSsbackup.