I've just started testing 0.3. Good news is that it works, and
(finally!!) accepts an ssh destination without password.

Bad news is that for me logarithmic purging is an absolutely essential
feature. I want to be able to go back to (old!) versions of files for
some considerable period of time.

I think dropping log purging due to an implementation crash with
(incremental) snapshot merging is not a good decision. For one thing,
you could retain log purging for the full snapshots, as no merging would
be required there. Then, simply, retain all incremental snapshots until
their base full snapshot is scheduled for purging.

I'd be happy to take some of this work on me (I'm on the sbackup
developer team, but not yet on the nssbackup team, at least according to
launchpad). But I do need one of you to get me started, and give me some
pointers on where to start looking and working.

(P.S., I could not bzr the nssbackup source. Is that due to launchpad
being in read-only?)

--
Groetjes,

Anton
| / \ / \'| | | IBIVU/Bioinformatics - Free University  Amsterdam     |
|(   |   )| | | De Boelelaan 1083A - 1081 HV Amsterdam - Netherlands  |
| \_/ \_/ | | | Tel +31 20 59 87783 - Fax +31 20 59 87653 - Room P136 |
|             | feens...@few.vu.nl - www.few.vu.nl/~feenstra/         |
|             | "Got Coffee, Got Donuts, Got Wasted" (F. Black)       |

Logarithmic purge disabled in final release 0.2
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/587911
You received this bug notification because you are a member of NSsbackup
team, which is subscribed to NSsbackup.