Question #140592 on Simple Backup changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/sbackup/+question/140592

olyerickson posted a new comment:
Jean-Peer, thanks for your quick response!

In my case I only make (nightly) full backups, so if I understand what
you're saying there should be no real difference. In any case, doing
"Restore As..." and "Revert As..." achieved the same result --- only
empty folders.

Maybe I'm missing something; here's what I've been trying to do:

* Mount backup drive on second system
* Use SBackup config to ensure SBackup "sees" the drive
* Use SBackup restore to "Revert As..." a full snapshot of e.g. my "/home" to a
directory on the second system e.g. "/home/lifeboat"

At this point I see only folders... I can then select and revert
individual files in the tree, but that gets really old for thousands of
files :(

Simple Backup Maintainers, which is an answer contact for Simple Backup.