Question #216144 on sbackup changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/sbackup/+question/216144

Roger Norton gave more information on the question:
I ran both of the instances of Simple Backup Config shown in the dash.
 As you say, one of them required my password, and the other did not.
There does not appear to be a backup file (*.ful or *.inc) in the root
directory.

--
Roger Norton

Simple Backup Maintainers, which is an answer contact for sbackup.