MC:  You really think a carling cup match against an under-strength blues
side is reason to think we're going to get promoted ahead of them. That's
scraping the barrel.

It was the FA Cup and it was more or less the same side that they had played
in the previous few league games.  The match reports are on the Birmingham
website and they list the players.

Since your statement is so sparsely furnished with facts, yes I do still
think we will get promoted ahead of them.  "Scraping the barrel" is making
up that it was a different competition and an under strength side because
you can't bear to be shown to be wrong.

Your original question:

Have you seen anything in the last month/2 months to suggest we are on our
way to improving our current predicament?

I stand by my Birmingham example.  If you want more evidence I attach a
match report from our 3-1 win over Watford, only *18 days ago*.

Here is a link if you want to read some other views from people that went to
the match
http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=35795&highlight=watford

*Fantastic, good solid performance and three points in the bag and Reading
only get a draw!!

* Hennessey - *7* - Made some fine saves especially in the first half to
keep us ahead before half time. Thought their goal was a bit soft but looked
off-side?

Foley - *8* - Another consistant performance by Foley, back to his dominant
self assurance on the ball

Stearman - *9* - Excellant combatative performance by Stears, won countless
headers put in strong tackles and teamed up well with Craddock considering
this was their first game together for almost the whole season

Craddock - *7* - Solid display from Jody, whose name was sung out many
times. Solid in the tackle, solid in the air and calm on the ball. Has a
calming effect on Henessey too as he talks to and helps the defence.

Ward - *7* - Good game from Wardy always up for the challenge, never gives
in and plays his heart out for the shirt. Linked up well with Reid too.

Kightly - *7* - Looked to be more up for this game than those of late. Good
cross for our second goal and always looked lively. Did not take his man on
as much as I would have liked but played his part

Henry - *7* - Solid performance in the middle of the park winning balls and
generally breaking up play

Jones - *7* - Much better performance from Jones. Another who seemed more up
for it than of late. Good performance tackling passing and general effort

Reid - *7 - *Again he played well, that is twice I have seen him in our
colours and twice he has played well. Always full of running and a constant
pain for their defence to deal with

Keogh - *6 -* Tireless running by Keogh and a great break, so pleased he got
a goal and a good one at that. He does get bumped off the ball a bit too
easily and seemed to pull out of a few challenges early on.

SEB - *9* - *MOTM* - Fantastic performance by SEB. He never stopped working
from the moment we started until he was subbed late in the game. Held the
ball up well, the ball seemed to stick to him no matter how hard it was hit
at him.*

*