Poor Miserable Dave, I know how it feels to be misunderstood ;-)

________________________________

From: nswolves@googlegroups.com [mailto:nswol...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Steven Millward
Sent: Wednesday, 18 February 2009 12:11 AM
To: nswolves@googlegroups.com
Subject: [NSWolves] Re: Where are you Steve? [sec=unclassified]

Miserable Dave
<http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1142002/THE-MIDLANDER
-Why-league-makes-Wolves-fans-miserable.html?ITO=1490>

2009/2/17 Steven Millward <millward....@gmail.com>

        MC:  You really think a carling cup match against an
under-strength blues side is reason to think we're going to get promoted
ahead of them. That's scraping the barrel.

        It was the FA Cup and it was more or less the same side that
they had played in the previous few league games.  The match reports are
on the Birmingham website and they list the players.

        Since your statement is so sparsely furnished with facts, yes I
do still think we will get promoted ahead of them.  "Scraping the
barrel" is making up that it was a different competition and an under
strength side because you can't bear to be shown to be wrong.

        Your original question:

        Have you seen anything in the last month/2 months to suggest we
are on our way to improving our current predicament?

        I stand by my Birmingham example.  If you want more evidence I
attach a match report from our 3-1 win over Watford, only 18 days ago.

        Here is a link if you want to read some other views from people
that went to the match

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=35795&highlight=watford

        Fantastic, good solid performance and three points in the bag
and Reading only get a draw!!

        Hennessey - 7 - Made some fine saves especially in the first
half to keep us ahead before half time. Thought their goal was a bit
soft but looked off-side?

        Foley - 8 - Another consistant performance by Foley, back to his
dominant self assurance on the ball

        Stearman - 9 - Excellant combatative performance by Stears, won
countless headers put in strong tackles and teamed up well with Craddock
considering this was their first game together for almost the whole
season

        Craddock - 7 - Solid display from Jody, whose name was sung out
many times. Solid in the tackle, solid in the air and calm on the ball.
Has a calming effect on Henessey too as he talks to and helps the
defence.

        Ward - 7 - Good game from Wardy always up for the challenge,
never gives in and plays his heart out for the shirt. Linked up well
with Reid too.

        Kightly - 7 - Looked to be more up for this game than those of
late. Good cross for our second goal and always looked lively. Did not
take his man on as much as I would have liked but played his part

        Henry - 7 - Solid performance in the middle of the park winning
balls and generally breaking up play

        Jones - 7 - Much better performance from Jones. Another who
seemed more up for it than of late. Good performance tackling passing
and general effort

        Reid - 7 - Again he played well, that is twice I have seen him
in our colours and twice he has played well. Always full of running and
a constant pain for their defence to deal with

        Keogh - 6 - Tireless running by Keogh and a great break, so
pleased he got a goal and a good one at that. He does get bumped off the
ball a bit too easily and seemed to pull out of a few challenges early
on.

        SEB - 9 - MOTM - Fantastic performance by SEB. He never stopped
working from the moment we started until he was subbed late in the game.
Held the ball up well, the ball seemed to stick to him no matter how
hard it was hit at him.

                You're having a laugh! You really think a carling cup