Give him credit. Given Ali's current mental state you could hardly call him
alive.

________________________________

From: nswolves@googlegroups.com <nswolves@googlegroups.com>
To: nswolves@googlegroups.com <nswolves@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Mon Feb 08 13:41:31 2010
Subject: Re: [NSWolves] Cheer up: Read this Seve Bull interview last week.

Steve Bull:  Now famous for being Wolves best striker and believing Mohammed
Ali to be dead.

On 8 February 2010 11:19, Parkes Jim - Sydney-MHA <jpar...@munichre.com> wrote:

        Steve Bull

        The Wolves legend on why he never left Molineux, his favourite curry
and how he got fit in pre-season by mucking out pigs

        *       Buzz up!
<http://uk.buzz.yahoo.com/buzz?publisherurn=the_guardian665&targetUrl=http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/feb/05/steve-bull-small-talk&summary=%3Cp%3EThe+Wolves+legend+on+why+he+never+left+Molineux%2C+his+favourite+curry+dishes+and+how+he+got+fit+in+pre-season+by+mucking+out+pigs%3C%2Fp%3E&headline=%09%09%09Steve%20Bull%20%7C%20Small%20Talk%20%7C%09%09%09%09Sport%20%7C%09%09%09%09guardian.co.uk%09>

        *       Digg it
<http://digg.com/submit?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.guardian.co.uk%2Fsport%2F2010%2Ffeb%2F05%2Fsteve-bull-small-talk&title=Steve+Bull+%7C+Small+Talk>

        *       Barney Ronay <http://www.guardian.co.uk/profile/barneyronay>
        *       guardian.co.uk <http://www.guardian.co.uk/> , Friday 5 February
2010 00.

        Hi Steve. You played for Wolverhampton Wanderers
<http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/wolves>  for over 13 years and scored more
than 300 goals. Are you surprised that a top division club didn't come in for
you, given that you never reached the top tier with Wolves? No. I always say
you never know what's round the corner and I was very lucky with injuries. To
play for 13 years without injury was good enough.

        But Steve, according to your Wikipedia page
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Bull> , Real Madrid, Barcelona, Ajax, PSG,
Internazionale, Manchester United, Liverpool, Rangers, Lazio, Boca Juniors,
Juventus and Genoa all tried to buy you. Did no one tell you? No. Actually I
didn't know about all them. I knew Torino and Newcastle, and Celtic and
Coventry. But only those four.

        Would you have fancied it though? Maybe just a season at Madrid, one at
Barcelona one at Inter, then back to the Championship with Wolves? If I'd been
money-orientated maybe. But I just love the Black Country, love the people,
love the town, love the stadium.

        You got your break playing non-league football for Tipton Town. At the
time you also had various part-time jobs. Which was the worst? Mucking the pigs
out at my mate's farm to get me fit in pre-season.

        That was fitness training? Yeah, to build my upper body fitness. It was
a hard job. And a smelly one too.

        Was there any point, maybe when you were mucking the pigs out, that you
leant on your shovel and thought you might not make it? Yes. When I was 17 I
had a piece of bone taken out of my knee. This surgeon told me I wouldn't make
it as a professional footballer. I was back playing six weeks later.

        Small Talk hopes that surgeon is reading this now. In your face,
surgeon! You came on for Garth Crooks on your senior debut for West Brom. Did
he give you any advice and, if so, did it involve him talking and talking for
ages? No he didn't. He was very quiet back then. He had a good partnership with
Imre Varadi up front and that was why I left West Brom. I just thought, I'm not
going to play here. It was a knockback. But I went on to Wolves and gave it a
go.

        And now you have a stand named after you. Do you think Molineux has the
best statues? Yeah they have. The Billy Wright one at the front is superb. But
they haven't got the best one yet. They haven't got one of me.

        Are you annoyed there is no Bull statue, maybe a large bronze likeness?
No, no, I'm just kidding. Anyway, you only get one when you're dead and I'm not
going anywhere just yet.

        You scored 52 goals in the fourth division in the 1987-88 season. You
were playing for England a year later. Was that a shock? It was unbelievable.
You're playing in the third division, everyone's telling you you haven't got a
first touch then the next minute you're playing for your country It's not going
to happen again, ever. Playing with the likes of Lineker, Shilton, Waddle,
Gascoigne, Beardsley. I thought: blimey, I've come a long way here.

        Were you surprised how good they were? I was to be honest. Coming from
the lower leagues, you don't know where to run, you might not have the touch,
and when I blended in with them at training I really enjoyed it, I was getting
to the same tempo they were.

        You scored against Scotland on debut after controlling the ball with
your back
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-DAGyVCNws&feature=PlayList&p=E67CD7806C422919&index=0&playnext=1>
 . Was that a move you'd practised? No it wasn't. I remember I jumped with Alex
McLeish, we tangled, it hit me on the shoulder and I just hit the ball as hard
as I could. Me being stupid I've started running towards the Scottish fans.
I've fallen to my knees and I've got Gascoigne and Bryan Robson on top of me. I
couldn't believe it.

        The young Gazza. Was he as good as all that? He was the best player
I've ever been on the pitch with. On his day he was absolutely superb. Great
touch, great vision.

        You went to Italia 90. Was there a revolt before the Holland game? No,
there wasn't. We were there for six weeks and I can't remember one argument.
Whatever Bobby Robson said we went out there and did it. We should have won
that World Cup.

        Should Peter Shilton have saved Andy Brehme's free-kick? I don't think
anybody could have saved that.

        Maybe a man who could jump could have saved it? Yeah, but it's one of
those things. Everybody picks up on one mistake but he made saves in other
games and you have to look at what he did for that team.

        If you were holding a dream dinner party whom would you invite? If he
was alive, Muhammad Ali [he is, but Small Talk graciously lets this one go].
And maybe Arnold Schwarzenegger.

        Two beefcakes then. How about some eye candy? The wife has got to be
there, to be fair. And, er, probably Catherine Zeta Jones.

        You had a long-running feud with Steve Walsh. How did it start? We used
to just wind each other up a bit. He was centre-half at Leicester, I was at
Wolves, we were always going to be up against each other. We used to joke in
the tunnel about whose turn it was to get sent off.

        Now you're friends. Is that right? Oh yeah, we do golf days and
everything He's a top man.

        Are you really friends or do you secretly resent him? No no, he's a top
man, no grudges there, nothing at all, We'll have a beer together any day.

        Honestly. The two of you. Who would win a fight? I don't know. I think
it'd call it a draw. I think we'd be like two bull terriers going to the end.
Best to shake hands and walk away.

        Who would win a fight between a ladybird and a moth? That's a silly
question. They aren't going to fight. But I'd say the ladybird. It's got a
weight advantage.

        Do you have a favourite newsreader? Erm, I'd say probably Bob Warman
from Central TV.

        If the world was ending would you like it to be him relaying the bad
news? Probably yes. He's thorough and very good.

        I'm making you the Archbishop of Canterbury for a day. Should
transsexuals be allowed to hold high ranking positions in the Church of
England? Er. No. Full stop.

        Now I'm making you England manager. Is John Terry the right man to
captain your team at the World Cup? Yes. Whatever has happened in his private
life is private, and as long as he's doing it on the field let him get on with
it.

        Now you're in a Wolverhampton Balti house You can have three dishes on
Small Talk. What are they going to be? Tandoori chicken to start. Cheesy naan
bread. And a chicken and prawn balti.

        What do you do with the heated towel at the end of the meal. Face or
hands? I'd say wipe the face first, then the hands.

        Steve, thanks a lot. My pleasure Small Talk.

        Steve Bull is an ambassador for Sportingbet.com, proud sponsors of
Wolves. To win VIP tickets to watch Wolves v Spurs in a box hosted by Bully,
click here
<http://www.sportingbet.com/t/promos/stevebull/wolves-meet-stevebull.aspx?WT.svl=rightNav>

        Jim Parkes
        Client Manager

        General - Non-Life Technical

        Telephone +612 9272 8059
        Telefax: +612 9272 8002
        jpar...@munichre.com <mailto:jpar...@munichre.com>

www.munichre.com <http://www.munichre.com/>

        CAUTION: This message is intended only for the named addressee. It is
confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution is prohibited and may be
unlawful. By opening any attachment, you agree that the Munich Re Group will
not be liable for any loss resulting from viruses or other defects. Any views
in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender
expressly and with authority states them to be the views of the Munich Re
Group. The Munich Re Group will not be liable for any action taken, or omitted
to be taken, in reliance upon the contents of this message.

The information contained in this email is confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, you may not disclose or use the information in this email
in any way and should destroy any copies. Macquarie does not guarantee the
integrity of any emails or attached files. The views or opinions expressed are
the author's own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Macquarie.

<<image001.png>>