I agree that there have been some good performances this season, but I
think our current position in the table is more a reflection of how bad
some of the teams below us have been (particularly Hull & Burnley) and
also the fact that Pompey have imploded, rather than any reflection of
the genius that MM possesses.  Even though we currently sit in 14th
position we are still only 3 points from a relegation spot with only our
goal difference giving us any kind of security over the teams below us.

If we do finish mid-table by stringing a couple of wins together before
the end of the season then great, but MM hasn't displayed any signs that
indicate that he can lift this side from a technical/tactical point of
view.  If we have aspirations of challenging the top half of the table
in the next few years then we need to be looking at managers of a
slightly higher calibre who can challenge the likes of Mancini, O'Neill,
Moyes, Redknapp et al on a tactical level, and I personally don't think
Mick has that in him.

I don't think MM should be sacked on basis of under-performance.  His
achievements should be acknowledged and at the same time he should be
encouraged to stand-aside in the interests of furthering the progress of
Wolverhampton Wanderers (which would coincide with him walking out the
exit door with a nice payout).  A 1970 Bedford Bus might be sufficient
to get a team to-and-from matches in the lower divisions but when it
comes to competing at the highest level (including Europe) the Bedford
simply isn't going to cut it and the club would need to upgrade its
equipment.  Coaching staff are like pieces of equipment, they can
perform to a certain level but if you want to move past that level, you
need to be better equipped with more refined and more flexible tools.
Whilst MM is most certainly a tool, he's not the right type to get us
any higher in this division.

Just my thoughts (in a totally non-negative way).