Hello,

Petr Olsak has changed slightly Czech pattern file czhyph.tex for
TeXlive2003, it's a bit `Babelized' now. It produces \errmessage for
Babel's \addlanguage being \undefined. It also contains several ugly
hacks to make both plain and LaTeX read \v and \' syntax for Czech
accents, and finally it reads czhyphen.tex containing real patterns.

The result is that generating ConTeXt format ends with the \errmessage.
Simple workaround is to change alias in cont-usr.tex to pattern files
from czhyph.tex to czhyphen.tex. My discussion with Petr Olsak suggests
to make a more systematic correction: to add a test into czhyph.tex and
make it directly read czhyphen.tex if ConTeXt is detected.

This needs two things to make sure:
1. Is it OK to read patterns with \v and \' syntax into ConTeXt?
2. Is there a way to detect ConTeXt in order to put into czhyph.tex
something like:

\ifx\<something-typical-to-detect-ConTeXt>\undefined \else
    % for ConTeXt
    \input czhyphen.tex
    \endinput \fi

Is there a more systematic/clean solution? Or shall I ask Petr Olsak to
change this in the czhyph.tex file?

Thanks,
D.A.

--
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.