On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, John McChesney-Young wrote:

> right direction. Here's the Overfull \hbox
> message from the console, on the off-chance it's
> relevant for the hyphenation problem:

Hello John,
if I understand it right, the hyphenation problem is related to the font:
to get correct hyphenation, the accented characters have to be in the font,
as they are in Latin Modern or EC. In CM the é is a composition of an e and
the accent.
* Latin Modern: works out of the box with the latest ConTeXt, but is still
  in development, the kerning for example has to be improved (see
  http://pc52.ifw.ing.tu-bs.de/~harders/latex/lmodern.html).
  It's a PS Type 1 font.
* EC: seems to be difficult to support with ConTeXt, but I'll try it.
  It's a MetaFont font (bitmap).

> Thank you very much for the solution to the
> diacritical problem! Now I'm going to have to
> look in the manual for the difference between
> \useregime and \enableregime...

It's not in the manual, but it seems that \useregime does nothing, it only
pre-loads a "regime" to make it available for an \enableregime
command. Since there is already a "\useregime[def,uni,ibm,win,il1,mac]" in
regi-ini.tex, you'll need an extra \useregime only for other regimes.

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/