Hi,

ever so often I read mails by Giuseppe or Idris on Aleph.
Now I also saw that there is a context-manual on aleph.
Does this mean I can use the examples mentions there under ConTeXt?

Running an alephtest.tex file ...
\start \textdir TLT\relax \setups[ward]
\start \textdir BLB\relax \red \setups[ward]
\stop \setups[ward]
\stop
... tells me that "\textdir" is an "Undefined control sequence"

What is missing?

When I installed ConTeXt I executed the following command lines:
mv /Users/steffen/Desktop/cont-tmf.zip /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local
cd /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local
rm tex/context/base/*
rm metapost/context/base/*
unzip -a -L -o cont-tmf.zip
cp /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/context/config/texexec.rme
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/context/config/texexec.ini
cp /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/context/user/cont-sys.rme
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/context/user/cont-sys.tex
sudo mktexlsr
sudo fmtutil --all
sudo texhash

Do I have to add/change something in order to use ConTeXt and aleph?

As you see I don't know where to start.
Apologies if even my question are wrong!

Thank you,

Steffen Wolfrum

(I am running the latest contextbeta under MacOS X)