Hans Hagen wrote

What if I install TeXLive 2004?

that should work ok; there is a special context tree on the dvd as well, with all documentation and such so that saves you some bandwidth

Okay, I've removed my old TeX and installed TeXLive 2004 from CD. Your test program works fine with the palatino font.

However when I try bookman the following error appears in the log file:

(/usr/TeX/texmf-dist/tex/context/base/type-pre.tex)
bodyfont       : unknown variant bookman

The same happens with for example the charter font! Can this be caused by the fact that I didn't install the Extra Fonts collection from TeXLive 2004?

Regards,
   Geert

--
Geert C.H.M. Verhaag
St. Jorisstraat 29

Tel.: (+31)-774742493, E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]