Hi, yes indeed I changed the code of Peter in that sense and made a separate file of the product-code before testing. I did this not because I knew it, but it looked just more Context-like to me ;-)

Willi

\setupoutput[pdftex]

\useencoding[ffr]
\mainlanguage[fr]

% This is the project file:

\starttext
\startproject project
\product product
\stopproject

\stoptext

Hans Hagen wrote:
\useencoding[ffr]

this command should come first (i.e. even before any \startproject or so since it set an internal separator (has to do with active french quotes); some day i will change that to a more convenient method