Hi!

I have some problems using units or cite commands in combination
with line breaks.

Using:

        ... energies up to 3 \EVolt were measured ....

will produce no whitespace between "eV" and "were"

        ... energies up to 3 eVwere measured .....

In order to get the space correct between the unit and
the following word I inserted a "~" to ensure the space.
But this will not force the line break between the unit
and the following word when it is necessary. In that case
hypphenation will be used after the first syllable.

I encountered the same effect using the \cite command to
reference bib-items but not to reference tables or pictures
with the \in command.

How can I create a space after the unit and have correct
line breaking at the same time?

Thanks

Michael