On 5/7/2022 12:33 AM, denis.ma...@unibe.ch wrote:
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: ntg-context <ntg-context-boun...@ntg.nl> Im Auftrag von Hans Hagen
via ntg-context
Gesendet: Freitag, 6. Mai 2022 23:45
An: Denis Maier via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
Cc: Hans Hagen <j.ha...@xs4all.nl>
Betreff: Re: [NTG-context] Citeproc-lua

[...]

For the record: i don't think you should write something to the tuc file that
doesn't come from context itself because you can mess it up (also
performaance wise).

Really? But what about that stuff? Anyway, even better if the data coming from
context itself can be used.

A bibliography is just about (cross) referencing data. If that data comes from elsewhere it can best kept indepdendent. One can of course store some reference but why the data if it is not used in some special way.

Of course you could have another file (just like a bib file
is independent). One problem could be that you need to make some extra
installation to make it work as we're not going to add all kind of code to the
distribution (we tend to go smaller) and someone needs to maintain that
moduie then because users depend in it working.

Did you look into what pandoc provides? It might be easier to take that
output and include it. Some kind of html? That's easy to render.

Pandoc can output context as well, so we can just take that.

Sure, but some parseble format might be better if one wants control over rendering. Basically we're talking about some pseudo formatted bibliography entry with some unique tag as reference.

Using the whole bibliography might give problems with regards to disambiguation.

In what sense? Aren't the 'tags' or id's unique? Anyway, one can

- let \cite write some refe to soem file
- that file gets pandoc'd to a bibliography list
- that then gets included

if that list is in some parsable format (like html width classes) we can easily pick up info (if needed) and do nmore

So, that would work a bit like Aditya's filter module:
https://github.com/adityam/filter
Right?

sort of

Another option would be to just use pandoc's citeproc directly, as described
here: https://github.com/jgm/citeproc/blob/master/man/citeproc.1.md

We'd have to pass a list of citations as a JSON object to that citeproc and use
the results.
The results will include citations as well as the bibliography (all as JSON,
content can be HTML formatted).
we can handle json indeed, so hwo does such a json look like? can you make an example?