Hi again,

In tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkxl/mlib-svg.lmt the following regex
appears a few times (line 1502, 1556, and 1570):

gmatch(VAR,"%s*([^:]+):%s*([^;]+);?")

It may be helpful to first normalize the string by appending a semicolon to
the end, allowing for:

for w in (VAR .. ";"):gmatch("([^;]*);") do ...

Splitting 'w' afterwards on the colon within key:value pairs would still be
necessary, so maybe that approach is a wash.

Aside, when I made changes to the file, I couldn't get either a report() or
a print() statement to show up in the output, even when running with
--debug. Any hints on how to sprinkle debug info into the code? Or was I
barking up the wrong source file?

Cheers!