On 5/7/2023 4:47 PM, luigi scarso wrote:

On Sun, 7 May 2023 at 16:05, Hans Hagen via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl <mailto:ntg-context@ntg.nl>> wrote:

    On 5/7/2023 3:18 PM, vm via ntg-context wrote:
     > running the sh install.sh script to update to the latest version
    i get a
     > message:
     >
     > /home/vm/context/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin/luatex: unrecognized option
     > '--socket'
     >
     > there is probably a reason for it, context seems to compile just
    fine.
    ah, ok, so that luatex update even broke the context updater (i didn't
    realize that luatex would quit on an unknown option instead of just
    ignoring it)

indeed is what happens in this case :  luatex emits  a message
and continues (as the email says:  "...context seems to compile just fine.")
Ah, ok, so as expected, we're fine then (as long as users don't panic).