Am 2005-10-17 um 10:27 schrieb Hans Hagen:

I was trying to convert form pdf to rtf in order to share docs with non-conTeXt people. Acrobat 7.0 allows with "save as" to export to many formats. When I convert a pdf created with MSword (or something like: I tried also with some on-line pdfs) I have substantially no problems. But when I convert pdfs created with context or latex I have no blank spaces in the output rtf. Also, accents became autonomous ' (like in source). This seems to be systematic: same behavior with conversion to doc or html, same behavior if I use Trapeze converter instead of Acrobat.

tex does not have a space, and spacing ends up in skips; also, sometimes slot 32 is used for whatever char needs a slot; your problem is not related to pdftex, but a bug in the exporter which is unable to handle arbitrary encodings an option is to use texnansi encoding which is the least problematic one

I just read that Acrobat has an export bug since 6.0 (still exists in new 7.0.5), that eats sometimes also spaces and accented characters from MSW and other sources.

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://contextgarden.net