>> This is wrong, the counter commands are official and the number variants are
>> kept for backwards compatibility with old styles.

I do recall reading on the ConTeXt wiki that \definenumber is maintained for
backwards compatibility reasons. However, why then does ConTeXt fail to compile
with \getcounter, if that's how it's supposed to work? I was confused, don't
get me wrong, but what I wrote was my own conclusion on the matter.

Clearly, we have a bug that needs to be reported. I wish my email hadn't
included such misinformation. But now, this is a bug that needs to be resolved.

I'm running ConTeXt  version 2024.01.24, and the given attachment fails to
compile, even with MkIV.

I don't want to pester those subscribed to this mailing list with bug reports,
so I thought it would be more sensible to post such reports on the context
developers mailing list. I ask for confirmation that I can post there instead
of here.

Thanks.

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /