SirColeman via ntg-context schrieb am 13.02.2024 um 20:44:
>> This is wrong, the counter commands are official and the number variants are kept for backwards compatibility with old styles.

I do recall reading on the ConTeXt wiki that \definenumber is maintained for backwards compatibility reasons. However, why then does ConTeXt fail to compile with \getcounter, if that's how it's supposed to work? I was confused, don't get me wrong, but what I wrote was my own conclusion on the matter.

Clearly, we have a bug that needs to be reported. I wish my email hadn't included such misinformation. But now, this is a bug that needs to be resolved.

I'm running ConTeXt version 2024.01.24, and the given attachment fails to compile, even with MkIV.

I don't want to pester those subscribed to this mailing list with bug reports, so I thought it would be more sensible to post such reports on the context developers mailing list. I ask for confirmation that I can post there instead of here.

There is no command named \getcounter, only \convertedcounter exists. The two older commands \getnumber and \convertednumber are aliases for the new \convertedcounter command.

You can report bugs on this list (no need to use the more or less dead dev list) but in this case there is no bug, just different names.

Wolfgang

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /