On 2/19/2024 1:49 PM, Miguel Diaz wrote:
Dear list,
I want to format some language tests that different people are preparing. Each one uses different software and there are always problems in format that i want to solve.

for a a/b/c questions I receive text that I will format to a list (comments are mine)

In den Büchereien gibt es auch … %the question
… Kuchen. %option a
… Theater. %option b
… Workshops. %option c

I need to detect \par or whatever sign marks the newline character as an argument delimiter so that I dont have to paste hundreds of times braces for each argument.
For the example, I use this macro definition (which does no work!)

\long\def\prueba #1\par#2\par#3\par#4ñ{\framed[frame=off,width=0.8\textwidth,corner=round,offset=1em,align=flushleft]%
{{\bf Beispiel}: #1\\
\qquad  a) #2\\
\qquad  b) {\bf #3}\\
\qquad  c) #4
}

I get: tex error on line 493 in file ./prueba.tex: The file ended when scanning an argument.

the macro seems to  read to the end of file not detecting \par; I know its the \par that causes the problem; I used ^^M also which I read is a sinonym for return but it also does not work.

Help would be appreciated (my computer keyboard would appreciate it too...)
better start thinking something:

\starttext

\def\foo#1{<<<#1>>>>\par}

\startluacode
local s = [[
line 1
line 2
line 3
line 4
]]

-- local s - io.loaddata("yourfile.txt")

local lines = string.splitlines(s)

for i=1,#lines do
    if lines[i] ~= "" then
        context.foo(lines[i])