Dear Otared,

I am using Korean as main language.
I used use typescript file, but recently I use \definefontfamily.
Since using Japanese font is similar to use Korean font, I show my example  of
using Noto fonts. It was made by the help of expert of this list long time ago.

You may change "Noto Serif CJK KR” to Japanese font.

I also use "\setscript[hangul]” when I use Korean as mainlanaguage.

I hope that you may enhance the following code.

Best regards,

Dalyoung

%%% Noto Fonts

\definefontfamily[notoFont][rm][Noto Serif CJK KR]
  [   it={style:regular,features:{*,slanted}},
      sl={style:regular,features:{*,slanted}},
      bi={style:bold,features:{*,slanted}},force=yes]

\definefontfamily[notoFont][ss][Noto Sans CJK KR]
  [   it={style:regular,features:{*,slanted}},
      sl={style:regular,features:{*,slanted}},
      bi={style:bold,features:{*,slanted}},force=yes]

\definefontfamily[notoFont][tt][Noto Sans Mono CJK KR]
  [   it={style:regular,features:{*,slanted}},
      sl={style:regular,features:{*,slanted}},
      bi={style:bold,features:{*,slanted}},force=yes]

\definefontfamily[notoFont][math][Tex Gyre Termes Math]
%\definefontfamily[notoFonts][math][Tex Gyre Pagella Math]
%\definefontfamily[notoCJK][math][Tex Gyre Aventor]