Dear all, thanks for your contributions.

Sure I'll update the https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Chinese_Japanese_and_Korean
hopefully with the help of Jeong Dal and others as soon as things are sorted
out.
In attached example, the opening Brackets (I marked them with \color[red]{【}
and \color[red]{{}) are taking the previous character with them to the next
line. Please remove these to see that the previous character would stay on the
previous line. Thanks Wolfgang for checking wether this is a bug.
I was not successful in figuring out how the protrusion mechanism can be set in
order to keep full stops and commas on the previous line (protruding the column
box). Could you please give me a hint, Wolfgang? Thanks. There's a
\color[red]{。} in my example which should not jump to the next line.
My example follows the Kihon-hanmen dimensioning as described in
https://www.w3.org/TR/jlreq . What could be the reason that lines which could
hold 25 characters are having only 24 characters, for example lines 2, 3 or 13
in column 1? I would expect them to have 25 characters, the same as for example
lines 7, 9 or 16 in column 1.
How can I change alignment of the lines so that the highest character boxes
align with the top border of the layout boxes for text and header and with the
bottom border of the layout box for footer? I hope that when this is achieved
for the layout box for text, then this box would hold the expected 45 lines,
and not 44 lines as it is doing now. Ruby characters in the first line should
protrude the box, what they already do.
I tried to implement the 1em hskip of the header and footer away from the page
border. While it works for left aligned headers and footers, it doesn't for the
right aligned headers and footers (negative hskip has no effect). How to solve
this problem?
Also how to get rid of the first empty page?
I'm happy to get suggestions for improving my example code. This example could
then be put to the wiki.
I try to continue to work on making ConTeXt usable for Japanese with the help
of you all. Next step might be the realm and position of headings which seem
complicated and for which I have no ideas.
Best regards
Emanuel

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /