thanks Wolfgang for your advice and sorry for being so verbose, but since the
margins are "included" in the problem I decided to put my layout there too.

I made your suggested changes and unfortunately it doesnt work, but being a bit
surprised by the margins I printed a copy of the page and.... still worse...

It semms that the first frame is good aligned to the specified margin, and it
is the rest of the text that gets more than 5mm extra space at the right margin
and about 2 mm less in the left margin.
I think the printer is a bit involved too, but since in the pdf we can see this
protruding I think there must be something strange to get this outcome. The
papers are for my fellows, so it is not critical if it stays so, but since I'm
trying to learn a bit more to use context, it annoys me that I don't get to
understand some problems...

thanks again for taking time

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /