I used to work with the TeX i-Package install. But every once in a while tex has to be updated. Then I was confronted with fairly hefty downloads for my humble isdn-telephone connection (not everyone has adsl). That's the reason I switched over to installing teTeX and ConTeXy directly. Not much of a pain with an installer shell script and a fast machine. But thanks for your interest anyway.