Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hans, I love you, will you marry me? ;)
well, sending me a copy of your thesis once it's finished would be a good start -)

(BTW, I'm wondering if "auto" should be the default
indentnext setting for the displays? Or would that be
pressing too much? :))
indeed too much a compatibility issue

i was thinking of a module or so: m-indent (or s-indent) or maybe a more generic module with setups (m-setups), so that one can say:

\setups[auto-indent]

an alternative is to change (in the several \setupcommands) the yes/no's into something autoyes and autono which will default to yes/auto no/auto depending on the global setting of yes/auto

(part of a definable method); does that make sense?