> Question: what tinkering with metapost parameters is done in
> \startMPgraphic exactly? (I could not find out readily from the
> ConTeXt sources)
> Which of these can be removed without danger for its operation,
> leaving settings in \startMPinclusions unchanged -- and will that be
> done?

Hans will probably answer you better, but in
http://source.contextgarden.net/metafun.mp
there are files with metafun macros included which may set their own
colors. See those files.

I doubt that any definitions can be removed without breaking anything
(otherwise they wouldn't be there), but I agree that MPinclusions
could/should be included AFTER metafun macros if they're not (I didn't
check).

Mojca