Hans van der Meer wrote:
In MPgrapic I do want my own colors for drawing lines etc.
These are set up in plain.mf's ("_op_" and "background").
In \startMPinclusions I just do that in order to get the drawing color I want. But then \startMPgraphic appears to reset colors (both "_op_" and "background" I suspect).

The resetfig() macro from metafun clears "_op_" and "background".
I don't know why, but there''' be a reason for it, I am sure ;-)

There almost certainly is an 'official' way to add some statements to
the beginning of each figure, but, in any case, it works if you store
your settings in extra_beginfig:

  \startMPinclusions
  extra_beginfig := "drawoptions(withcolor green)";
  \stopMPinclusions

Cheers, Taco