>So, more generally, I was asking myself if it would not be possible
>(and better) to have an .exe installer as usual happens in win,
>including Perl, maybe Ruby (+ or- 20 Mb doesn't change too much).
>Double click, and it set ups all the installation parameters. A
>completely autonomous installer would allow many people to try, use
>and  get fond conTeXt (and maybe to leave Word) without having to
>struggle with problems which typically lead people to leave out.
>
>It seems to me that a similar installer would be a refinement in the
>spirit of the actual mswincontext distro.
>At the end, it's not that far form Gerben's distro on macosx. It does
>everything for me...
>Or maybe am I missing something?

No, nothing; and it is very easy to do it, above all when it could be
done with Ruby using the "gem" installation. You can install and update
ConTeXt with a single comand controlling indipendies and everything else
needed. It is also very easy using "InnoSetup"
(http://www.jrsoftware.org/isdl.php).
Cheers,
jk

--