Jilani Khaldi wrote:
>> So, more generally, I was asking myself if it would not be possible
>> (and better) to have an .exe installer as usual happens in win,
>> including Perl, maybe Ruby (+ or- 20 Mb doesn't change too much).
>> Double click, and it set ups all the installation parameters. A
>> completely autonomous installer would allow many people to try, use
>> and  get fond conTeXt (and maybe to leave Word) without having to
>> struggle with problems which typically lead people to leave out.
>>
>> It seems to me that a similar installer would be a refinement in the
>> spirit of the actual mswincontext distro.
>> At the end, it's not that far form Gerben's distro on macosx. It does
>> everything for me...
>> Or maybe am I missing something?
>>

> No, nothing; and it is very easy to do it, above all when it could be
> done with Ruby using the "gem" installation. You can install and update
> ConTeXt with a single comand controlling indipendies and everything else
> needed. It is also very easy using "InnoSetup"
> (http://www.jrsoftware.org/isdl.php).
>
>texsync
TeXSync | version 1.1.1 - 2002/2004 - PRAGMA ADE/POD

TeXSync | --address     adress of repository (www.pragma-ade)
TeXSync | --destination destination of tree (kpsewhich)
TeXSync | --force       confirm action
TeXSync | --full        download everything (all binaries)
TeXSync | --list        list available trees
TeXSync | --make        remake formats
TeXSync | --terse       download as less as possible (esp binaries)
TeXSync | --tree        tree to synchronize (tex)
TeXSync | --update      update installed tree
TeXSync | --user        user account (guest)

this will sync the minimal distribution