nico wrote:
> On Tue, 09 May 2006 11:09:43 +0200, Hans Hagen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> nico wrote:
>>
>>> On Mon, 08 May 2006 13:04:58 +0200, Hans Hagen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>>

>>> Got big problems with the fonts that are no more found when using the
>>> ruby
>>> stuff. Since the unix stubs are crappy, I do this:
>>>
>>> ruby /usr/local/share/texmf-local/scripts/context/ruby/texmfstart.rb
>>> texexec.rb --pdf typefile.tex
>>>

>> this should be ok in this mornings version
>>

> Seems that the unix texmfstart stub is missing.

indeed; the fastest method is:

cp texmfstart.rb  .../bin/texmfstart

or make a  stub that directly points to your copy of texmfstart

>>> What's wrong?
>>>

>> maybe you need  to run mktexlsr
>>

> Doesn't help, and the required map files are here for a while (eg:
> kpsewhich ec-base.map gives
> /usr/local/share/texmf-local/fonts/map/pdftex/context/ec-base.map).
>
> I tried to use the perl version, and now it tries to find stuff in dvipdfm
> fonts, which plants:
>
> Warning: pdfetex (file
> /usr/local/share/texmf-local/fonts/map/dvipdfm/context/original-base.map):
> invalid entry for `fmvr8x': font file missing
>
> It works if i remove (or rename) the dvipdfm directory.
>
> What can i do to have ruby thing working, and pdftex fonts used instead of
> dvipdfm ones?

your texmf.cnf file should contain:

TEXFONTMAPS   =
.;$TEXMF/fonts/map/{$progname,pdftex,dvips,}//;$TEXMF/{$progname,pdftex,dvips}/{config,}//

as long as we have no uniform map file syntax, progs needs to be able to
find their own map files