Johannes Graumann wrote:

>>If you cannot figure it out, try posting a few extra
>>lines from the log, just before 'cont-err loaded'.
>
> I append the log region around the 'cont-err loaded' part.

It looks to me like context found a cont-err.tex when it
should not have.

At the end of a job, ConTeXt looks for a file named cont-err.tex,
in the directory path that is set by the \setupsystem command in
<jobname>.tmp. This file itself is generated by texexec, and the
directory value is based on "setuppath").

In your case, it looks like this directory entry is either
incorrect, or there is a bug in context, because it finds and
then loads the file while XML mode is still active.

I do not know how to proceed from here. Hans?

Cheers, taco