On Fri, 26 May 2006, Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:

> Which typesetting tasks do you NOT do in ConTeXt, and what do you prefer
> to use for those tasks?

Hello Idris,
for writing letters I still use LaTeX + lettre.cls or scrlttr2.cls. One
interesting feature is the automatic vertical stretching or compressing in
order to get the last page well filled (say at least 30% or so).
One day, I'm going to write something like this for ConTeXt perhaps.

I've never used anything else than LaTeX or ConTeXt, and I don't feel any
need to change.

> What typesetting tasks do you find difficult-to-onerous in ConTeXt (even
> in nothing else is available)?

Tables: first, it's difficult to choose between the 3 possibilities (table,
tabulate and TABLE), and then sometimes there is no table with all features
that I need.
Pretty-verbatim: in LaTeX I loved the listings package. There are some
possibilities in ConTeXt, but the listings package is still far better: a
lot more options and easier to use.
All other problems are in the "collector".

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/