On Mon, 19 Jun 2006, andrea valle wrote:

> Yes,
> a page for me represents a slide.
>
> So I want to have a figure centered in the slide:

> -- figure --

This is what I do for my slides

\startslide
\vfill
\externalfigure[name][width=\textwidth]
\vfill
\stopslide

where I have startslide and stopslide defined to take care of some
other things.

You can also try
\placefigure[][here]{..}{..} to get a figure number and caption

Aditya

> Thanks
>
> -a-
>
> On 19 Jun 2006, at 12:21, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>> andrea valle wrote:
>>> Hi to all,
>>> Sorry if it's obvious.
>>>
>>> I'm preparing some slides and I'd like to have a figure in the middle
>>> of the slide.
>>> With \placefigure I place it center-justified horizontally.
>>> How can I force to be in the center of the text?
>>>

>> you mean middle of a page of its own?
>>
>> Hans

> Andrea Valle
> DAMS - Facoltà di Scienze della Formazione
> Università degli Studi di Torino
> http://www.semiotiche.it/andrea
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Aditya Mahajan, EECS Systems, University of Michigan
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~adityam || Ph: 7342624008