On Wednesday 19 July 2006 11:21, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> John R. Culleton wrote:
> > The document compiles fine and displays fine in xpdf or kpdf
> > (Linux).
> >  But Acrobat Reader 7.0 (Linux) comes up with the message "there was a
> > problem with this document" and displays two blank pages instead.
> > It will however display the rest of the document if the \stoptext
> > statement above is removed.
>
> I cannot reproduce that problem. I guess the exact contents of
> samp.tex is a key ingredient so if it is not too big ...
>
> (and check your log for font mapping issues)
>
> Success, Taco

This was truly a wierd one. Way back in my subfile "macros.tex" I
had an erroneous statement:

\setuptyping [option=tex]

This compiled clean and the resulting pdf could be read in xpdf.
But Acrobat Reader didn't like it.

I have no memory of when or how I came up with that option.

To find the problem first I commented out
\input macros.tex
which identified where the problem was. Then
I commented out the whole macros.tex file (128 lines),
and uncommented it block by block until I found the culprit.

Whew!
--
John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting