luigi scarso wrote:
> On 2/2/07, Peter Rolf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have some questions about cmyk in combination with Metapost. Just by using
>>
>> \setupcolors[state=start,
>>   cmyk=yes,
>>   mpcmyk=yes,
>>   rgb=no,
>> ]
>>
>> I get cmy(k=0) graphics, although all used colors are still defined in
>> the rgb color space.
>> This is really a nice feature and the automatic color conversion works
>> relative good. Only (so far I have seen) gray tones have a noticeable
>> tendency to brown (Acroreader 7.09). I have tested one of those gray
>> tones by defining it as cmyk and the result looks ok.
>>
>> RGB(223,223,227)
>> CMY(0.12548, 0.12547, 0.10980)
>> CMYK(0.01762, 0.01760, 0, 0.10980)
>>
>> So is there a way to get cymk instead of cmy?
>>
> hmm,
> can you post an example ?

Mojca has pointed me to the definition of

\convertRGBtoCMYK (colo-ini.tex)

and (if I understand it right) this is only a
RGB->CMY conversion.

The algorithm for the missing CMY->CMYK conversion is simple (see
http://www.easyrgb.com/math.php?MATH=M13#text13 ),
but "exact" calculation in TeX is no fun at all (at least not for me).
I have tried to implement it, but yet without success. In the worst case
I have to wait for luatex, which will solve all calculation problems.
So think twice, before you waste your time... ;)

Maybe I should add this color conversion to the feature request list, so
that it will not be forgotten?

Peter