On Fri, 27 Apr 2007, Zhichu Chen wrote:

> Hi luigi
>
> Actually, my module should not be called as "module," it's just an extension
> to Hans' Chinese module. My module only defined some macros to handle some
> strange needs of Chinese traditional book style. Hans' "\startvertical . . .
> \stopvertical" pair couldn't typeset that style very well, so I
> \setupunicodefont[chinese] to change its command option and define my own
> commands to handle chinese glyphs to avoid conflictions.

A module need not be big. Even small code, which is not trivial and
will be frequently used should be released as a module. See
http://source.contextgarden.net/tex/context/base/m-narrowtt.tex
Surely, you module will have more lines of code :)

> I really hope Hans could add my module as a third part module in case some
> Chinese guys could typeset nice traditional Chinese books.

I can not understand a word of chinese, but the output looks
beautiful. After you have cleaned up the code, release it on
modules.contextgarden.net and add a page on the wiki about chinese (if
there is one), so that the new users can find the module more easily.

> Before that, I will cleasing some rubbish---actually, a lot---of my module.
> What else should I do?

Add some documentation, both for the user interface and explaining
your code. The documentation can be written as comments starting with
%D and can be processed using texexec --module filename.

Aditya

> On 4/27/07, luigi scarso <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> > I hope somebody who is interested in Chinese could help me to release my
>> > module.
>> My 2 cents
>>
>> http://www.logosrl.it/context/modules/2007-04-17/singles/font-chi_ebook.pdf
>>

>> luigi

Aditya Mahajan | EECS Systems, University of Michigan
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~adityam | Ph: 734.262.4008