On Sat, 28 Apr 2007, Chris Rawnsley wrote:

>> You need vim.exe to be in your PATH.
>>
>> Does texmfstart bin:vim start vim?
> Right, this now starts ViM.
>
> When I went to compile it threw a different error:
>
> VIM - Vi IMproved 7.0 (2006 May 7, compiled May  7 2006 16:18:30)
> Garbage after option argument: "-u NONE -e -c set"
> More info with: "vim -h"

This is strange....Are you using command.exe or some other shell? It
appears that there is a problem with quoting of quotes.

what happens when you run the following command (all in one line)

texmfstart bin:vim "-u NONE -e -c \"set noswapfile\"
     -c \"set tabstop=8\"
     -c \"set cp\"
     -c \"syntax on\"
     -c \"set syntax=ruby\"