On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 13:14:27 +0200
Giuseppe Bilotta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> here's a test document:

[test document]

> As you may notice, items think the placefigure refers to all
> of them, so that if a particular item is bigger than the
> figure height, it will wrap correctly around the
> (inexistent) box, otherwise it will just side it.
>
> Interesting, the same thing does *not* happen when not going
> through a box, but typesetting things directly in the page.
> However, for my application I need to typeset the sidefloat
> and the itemization in a box, so I hit the bug ...
>
> Suggestions?
>
> --
> Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

Hi Giuseppe,

you can use ConTeXt's stream mechanism.

\usemodule[streams]
\definestreamlayer[giuseppe][width=\textwidth]

\newbox\giuseppe

\starttext

\startstreamlayer[giuseppe]
\placefigure
  [outer,none,fit]
  {}
  {\framed[width=.2\hsize,height=.2\hsize,offset=none]{}}

\startitemize
\item some test
\item \input knuth
\item \input tufte
\stopitemize
\stopstreamlayer

\vbox{\placestreamlayer[giuseppe]}

\page

\startstreamlayer[giuseppe]
\placefigure
  [outer,none,fit]
  {}
  {\framed[width=.2\hsize,height=.2\hsize,offset=none]{}}

\startitemize
\item some test
\item \input knuth
\item \input tufte