Joel C. Salomon schrieb:
>>> - no need to install anything else (no huge ruby/perl or whatever)
>>> - bytcode compiler in sync with luatex internals
>>> - texlua has the libs that we need built in
>>>
>> it's just that i don't see the need for three identical files, when you
>> can use one with different (mode switching) parameters. yes, i know.
>> it's an early beta.
>
> If you're concerned about the the 7 MB -- or in my case, not sure
> you'll remember to update all three files at once -- and you're on a
> machine with NTFS, you can create hard links.

Hi Joel,

I don't think that there will be mulitple copies anymore.
And you are right: you can use hard links (NTFS only, so this is no
general solution)

on Windows XP:

fsutil hardlink create <new file name> <old file name>

In comparison to the symlinks that I created with 'junction', these
links are found. Thanks for the pointer.

Best, Peter